Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 28 November 2015

Adele: I'm frightened of fame after I saw what it did to Amy Winehouse

Adele has said that watching the tragic decline of Amy Winehouse left her frightened of fame.

The singer , who has just smashed the record for first-week album sales with her third release 25, is one of the biggest stars in the world.

But the 27-year-old is also one of the most private – and has now revealed that troubled Amy’s death in 2011 at the same age drove home the dangers of living in the spotlight.
Adele said: “People think I hate being famous. I don’t. I’m really ­frightened of it.

"Watching Amy ­deteriorate is one of the reasons I’m a bit frightened. We were all very entertained by her being a mess.
 
“I was f****** sad about it but if someone showed me a picture of her looking bad, I’d look at it. That level of attention is frightening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment