Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Genevieve Nnaji Opens Up On Why She’s Single: “I’m Looking For A Man, Not A Boy”

genevieve
Actress Genevieve Nnaji is looking for a man who isn’t fazed by her success.
The legendary Nollywood actress revealed this in a recent interview, touching on a number of her issues such as her daughter and her fashion line.
Excerpts from the interview below.
Mamy of your fellow dark-skin female fans are sure glad of your successful career as someone who isn’t light-skin, coming from a country that is thought to have the world’s highest percentage of women using skin-lightening agents. What’s your take on this?
People need to definitely erase the mindset that any other colour is better than your colour. I think it’s a complex. I am dark-skinned, I know who I am inside, forget the skin. I think darker-skinned women should really focus on the inner beauty and not allow somebody else’s complex or insecurities to overshadow their confidence.
Why are you still single?
If I get married, I really want to stay married and staying married is not an easy thing. It means you are completely in tune with your partner. It means you have found your soulmate because you will have to be able to stand a lot of disappointments that would definitely come but then again you have to learn to forgive.
Ok, so what are you looking for in a man? Your ideal guy, what are you looking for in a man?
I am that person that eats with her eyes, like I need to be attracted to you. Definitely. There has to be physical attraction that will draw me to you but at the end of the day, it’s your mind I’m going to fall in love with. I’m probably looking for a friend, someone who shares a like mind and somebody who is confident. Aww, I love tall guys. I’m short you have to think of the kids.
Don’t you think a lot of guys are scared of you now? They will say she is good looking, successful, she’s got her own career, let me leave her alone, I can’t handle that kind of wife I can’t tell her what to do.
Then he is a baby, a boy. I’m not looking for a boy. Men don’t let artificial things like that intimidate them.
Will your 19-year-old daughter Chimebuka, who is the same age as you when you found fame, toll your lane or adventure into other forms of entertainment?
No. I think we have enough entertainers in our family quite frankly. (Laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment